11 September 2010

Warping (deep sigh....)

My big Macomber is called Harry.  Harry has been dormant for some time, and he seems to be trying to help me get him warped... but, wow...  it's a little like he's been wondering in the woods without an oil can for far too long.  It is not the prettiest warp I've ever put on.  I am warping a sectional beam as if it is a plain beam.  I enjoy front to back warping, and that is all I've ever done on my smaller Macomber.  I can warp like this and drive a car at the same time it feels so comfortable.  But, not today, and not with Harry.

I am making a rag rug for a friend to give to a friend as a birthday gift.  I don't think now is the time to dwell on the fact that I haven't really made many rag rugs before!  (I do have the cutest little samples of weft faced wool rugs...)  Below is a photo of Harry last Christmas.  I pulled him from the wall for a dusting.
 He deserves more.
Saying for the day:  Never give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment